The Queens Avenue - The Arcade - Hastings
Map of the Arcade in 1882, the layout is still the same today "The main avenue has a width of 14 feet and is covered by an ornamental iron and glass roof" and is entered through an easily-missed entrance opposite Hastings Town Hall in Queens Road and exits into York Buildings/Wellington Place, one of the town centre's pedestrianised areas. The Town Hall was built at the same time as the Arcade when Victorian Hastings was expanding to the west of the Old Town.
The World's first public demonstration of Television was made here in 1924 !!
The commemorative plaque was unveiled in 1929.
For more about JLB and television click here