Hastings Old Town Museum - re-opened 15th October 1999


William George Moss painted this in oil on canvas in 1823. The Old Town Hall is now the Old Town Museum and this picture is exhibited there.

The Museum re-opened in 1999 after a lottery-funded refurbishment - the illustrations are early digital photos, hence the quality.


Museum Director, Victoria Williams (now retired) with Brion Purdey, President of the Hastings & St.Leonards Museum Association at the reopening of the museum on 15th October 1999.

Model of Hastings in Elizabethan times (there are models of Hastings at other times as well) 

Senior Staff Member, (now curator) Cathy Walling shows how to do brass rubbings of the Hastings Seal   
Crown Lane
E.Lesley Badham painted these now - gone corner of the Old Town in the '20s. He was Principal of the Hastings Art School until his untimely death in an air raid in 1944. 

Ephemora from Breeds' Brewery that was in the High Street, it stopped brewing around 1928

The Museum is open daily.

Top of PageClick for home pageClick for 1066.net
www.1066.net - Hastings' favourite web site is sponsored by XL(2000)Ltd
Photos copyright (c) Ion Castro 2010